Montana Basin Closures

If a person wants to appropriate water in a controlled ground water area located within a basin closure area and an Application for Beneficial Water Use Permit is required, the applicant is subject to the requirement of §§85-2-360, 85-2-361, and 85-2-362, MCA. Click on the HB831 link below.

HB831 Ground Water Permit Information in Closed Basins

Montana Basin Closures and Controlled Ground Water Areas – information, types of closures, closure listings, boundary maps.

Map of Montana Surface Water Closures, Compacts and CGWA

(PDF file links viewable with Acrobat Reader)