Hosting a special event on state trust land requires a special recreational use license (SRUL).  Special events include weddings, reunions, races, fundraisers, and any other concentrated short-term event.  The license fee is based on the scope and terms of the license.  

To apply

  • Submit your application and $25 application fee to the DNRC field office.
  • Apply at least 30 days prior to your planned start date. The earlier, the better!
  • Apply now

DNRC Review

  • DNRC reviews applications in the order that they are received.
  • Lessees are scoped for comment on new SRUL applications.
  • DNRC will consider lessee comments, anticipated user conflicts, application order, history of violations, MEPA analysis, and other environmental or land management factors.
  • The cost and terms of an SRUL are based on the use, duration, and impacts.