2015/2016 Administrative Rule Writing Process
The DNRC has drafted Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM) to implement the 2015 Cabin Site Lease Settlement Agreement.
- Complete - Draft Notice of Public Hearing on Proposed Amendment, Adoption, and Repeal (Proposal Notice)
- Complete - Land Board Approval of Proposal Notice
- Complete - Publish Proposal Notice with the Secretary of State
- Complete - Hold Public Hearings
- Complete - Conduct Environmental Analysis
- Complete - Draft Notice of Amendment, Adoption, and Repeal (Adoption Notice)
- Complete- Land Board Approval of Adoption Notice
- Complete- Publish Adoption Notice with the Secretary of State (6/3/16)
- Complete - Rules Effective (6/4/16)
The Proposal Notice contains information on the public hearings, and all proposed changes to cabin site leasing ARM. New items are shown underlined, and repealed language is shown struck through.
The Adoption Notice contains only modifications to the Proposal Notice, in addition to received public comments and DNRC responses.
The Land Board approved the draft Proposal Notice on January 19, 2016 enabling DNRC to proceed with rule making. It was filed with the Montana Secretary of State on January 25, 2016, and published in the Montana Administrative Register (MAR) on February 5, 2016. The comment period ran through March 4, 2016, and two public hearings were held, one on February 29, 2016 in Helena and one on March 1, 2016 in Kalispell. An environmental assessment (EA) was completed on April 14, 2016.
The Land Board approved the draft Adoption Notice on the May 16, 2016. The notice was filed with the Secretary of State and the rules were effective on June 4, 2016.