Timber Permit Information
Individual citizens may apply for a commercial timber permit for up to 100,000 board feet, or up to 500,000 board feet in cases of emergency salvage.
How do I apply for a permit?
- Review this brochure: (pdf)
- Call or visit the nearest DNRC office for information and details
- Complete the permit application form and all attachments
- Mark the proposed permit boundary with ribbon
- On a USGS map, draw the proposed permit area and roads to be used
- Provide documentation of legal access to tracts
What happens next?
- The DNRC will review the application within 30 days
- If the project meets all requirements, an appraisal will be done in 60 days
- If applicant agrees to terms of sale, a permit is issued within 5 days