Personal tools

Return to Top
DNRC Headquarters
1539 Eleventh Ave. Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (406) 444-2074 | Fax: (406) 444-2684
Questions? Email us

Want to help those affected by wildfires? Here's how

  • The 406 Family Aid Foundation was formed "To aid persons and their families in Western Montana who are experiencing financial hardship caused by unforeseen illness, complications of a previous illness, and loss in a family or natural disaster.”  They're accepting donations for Lolo Peak Fire evacuees at

  • The Humane Society of Western Montana is offering shelter and food for pets of evacuees in Western Montana.  They are seeking donations of supplies, pet food, and monetary contributions.  For ways to give and more information visit

  • The Garfield County Fire Foundation Relief Fund has been set up to help victims of the Lodgepole Complex, Montana's largest fire this year, which burned nearly over 270,000 acres in Eastern Montana.  Donate by visiting or by sending a check to:

          GARFIELD COUNTY FIRE FOUNDATION                               CIRCLE
          C/O Garfield County Bank                                                          C/O Redwater Valley Bank
          PO Box 6                                                          OR                     PO Box 60
          Jordan, MT 59337                                                                      Circle, MT 59215
          (406) 557-2201                                                                          (406) 485-4782

  • The American Red Cross of Montana has opened 10 shelters for Montana fire evacuees this year, including those affected by the Sunrise Fire near Superior those from the Seeley Lake area.  You can donate online at or call (800) 272-6668.

  • The Montana Department of Agriculture has launched the Agriculture Fire & Drought Assistance Hotline to connect those affected by Montana fires and drought with local resources and programs.  The hotline is the place for questions about donating hay and feed, livestock, fencing, and transportation.  Call (844) 515-1571 anytime between 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.

  • The Wildland Firefighter Foundation helps injured firefighters and their families, as well as families of firefighters killed in the line of duty.  Donate online at  or call (208) 336-2996.

  • The Montana Association of Fire Chiefs can help route resources and donations to local and volunteer fire departments.  Email to see how you can help locally.

  • Also check out The Montana Department of Health and Human Services has prepared a guide at

Thank you for your support of Montana’s firefighting efforts.