Personal tools

Return to Top
DNRC Headquarters
1539 Eleventh Ave. Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (406) 444-2074 | Fax: (406) 444-2684
Questions? Email us

HB-110 Exempt Claim Filing

Questions About HB 110: (406)-444-0560

Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday to Friday

HB 110 Information

HB 110 Notice
Do I qualify for an exempt claim filing?
HB 110 Exempt Claim FAQs
Filing Instructions for Exempt Water Rights

Claim Forms

Exempt Domestic Use
Exempt Stock Use
Addendum to Statement of Claim for Existing Water Rights
Create a Claim Map

hb110 interactive map

Related Forms and Information

Montana Water Basin Divisions
Water Conversion Guide

Example 627 Form

Request to Withdraw a Water Right
For Exempt Notices, Provisional Permits and Groundwater Certificates.
1962-1973 Groundwater Filings - Notices of groundwater appropriations filed at the county courthouses
in accordance with the 1962-1973 groundwater code.

Contact Information

Montana Water Court
Regional Offices


Amendment Form
Amendment Agreement Form
608 DNRC Water Right Update
Used for all changes in ownership of entire water right which took place prior to July 1, 2008 (including change of entire water right in connection with a real estate transfer). Do not use this form if you are a user of a municipal or irrigation district water system.
Water Right Fee Log Sheet
Use for transfers that occurred on or after July 1, 2008
Water Right Ownership Update Fee Log Instructions
Request to Withdraw Statement of Claim
Withdrawal Agreement
Verified Motion to Amend

Upcoming Events

Please check back for upcoming events.