Montana Conservation Seedling Nursery
Welcome to the Montana Conservation Seedling Nursery (MCSN)! The MCSN produces tree and shrub seedlings for use in various conservation projects. Our goal is to produce and distribute, at a nominal cost, quality seedlings for non-ornamental conservation plantings in rural Montana.
Ordering time has arrived for the 2013 planting season. We are now taking orders for spring 2013 planting. You can find the updated inventory availability list here. Our catalog is fully updated, so you may refer to it for species information.
As always, if you are interested in species that are in high demand (Rocky Mtn. Juniper, Chokecherry, etc.) order early to ensure availability.
- Seedling size availabilities are:
- Bareroot seedlings are available in Spring only.
- Small containerized seedlings are available in Spring, then again in the Fall.
- 100 cubic inch trees are available Spring through Fall.
- Pickup at the nursery in Missoula
- Shipped directly to you via FedEx for a 15% shipping charge
- Pickup at a single drop point in most Montana counties in mid to late April. The drop point is either the local Extension Service or Conservation District Office. Delivery schedules are set in March and are dependent on spring weather. This service is not available for fall plantings.
Please contact Lindsey at the nursery if you have any questions or would like further information. (406-542-4244 or email@example.com)
HOW TO ORDER
The Montana Conservation Seedling Nursery, in cooperation with the Montana Extension Service, local Conservation Districts and the Natural Resources Conservation Service, offers low cost tree and shrub seedlings for use in conservation plantings.
* NEW CUSTOMERS must order a minimum of 250 bareroot or small containerized seedlings, or 40 of the 100 cubic inch containerized trees.
* ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS must order a minimum of a single lot size: 50 for bareroot, 25 for small containerized stock, eight for 100 cubic inch.
* COMPLETE A CONSERVATION PLANTING PLAN (located on page 2 of the order form) to ensure the trees are being planted for conservation purposes and not landscaping. The plan may be approved by your local county extension agent, conservation district personnel or by nursery staff. Be specific with your plan; it should include species, spacing between rows, distances to buildings and roads, and direction of prevailing winds.
* PAYMENT: If your order totals less than $250 you must pay in full at the time of ordering. If your order totals more than $250 a 50% deposit is required at the time of ordering. If you are ordering through the online shopping cart you must pay in full at the time of ordering with a credit card.