Training and Outreach
The Forest Pest Management Program offers and participates in a wide variety of presentations, workshops, and training sessions targeting a range of audiences. Sessions are intended to provide information on the biology, identification, impacts, ecological role, and management of forest insects and diseases in Montana. Commonly offered sessions include:
- Forest Insect and Disease Identification and Management (DNRC and U.S. Forest Service)
- Conifer Root Disease Identification and Management (DNRC and U.S. Forest Service)
- Pesticide Applicator Certification (DNRC/MT Department of Agriculture)
- Project Learning Tree
- Montana State University (MSU) Master Forest Stewardship Workshop
- MSU Forestry Mini-College
- MSU Extension presentations
- Homeowner association presentations
The listed sessions are not the exclusive offerings; please contact Amy Gannon if you have a specific request for a training session.
Training sessions, workshops, and presentations for 2015 and 2016
The 2015 trainings are completed. Information on session(s) to be held in 2016 will be posted when scheduled.
The 2015 training is completed. Information on session(s) to be held in 2016 will be posted when scheduled.
2705 Spurgin Road, Missoula, MT 59804
Phone: (406) 542-4300
Fax: (406) 542-4217