Montana Conservation Seedling Nursery
- The nursery provides high quality, locally adapted, source identified seedlings for use in conservation practices.
- We grow bareroot and containerized stock; variety of deciduous trees and shrubs, conifers and grasses.
- We grow for private landowners; county conservation districts; city, county, state and federal agencies; tribal agencies; conservation organizations; and the forestry industry throughout the state of Montana.
We are still taking orders for spring 2016, however the sales season is winding down and stock will be available for a limited time.
Look over our inventory, if you have trouble finding a species or quantity of the item you are looking for, feel free to call us at the Nursery.
If you have any other questions, please call Megan at (406) 542-4244 between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, or you can email us at email@example.com.
How To Order
There are two ways that you may order:
- Fill out the printable order form (2 pages) with your desired species and mail it, along with your payment, to the Nursery.
- Place your order using our online shopping cart and pay with a credit card.
If you need help planning out your conservation project, we recommend contacting your County Extension Agent or your local Conservation District. The Montana Conservation Seedling Nursery works closely with these entitites.
* New Customers must order a minimum of 250 bareroot or small containerized seedlings; or at least 48 of our 100 cubic inch seedlings.
* Established Customers must order with in the quantities for each lot.
Every customer must Complete the Conservation Planting Plan (located on page 2 of the order form) to ensure the seedlings are being used for conservation purposes and not for landscaping. The plan may be approved by your local county extension agent, conservation district personnel, or by nursery staff.
Visit the Ordering Information page for more details.
- Pickup: Pickup your seedlings at the nursery in Missoula.
- Shipped: Ship your seedlings by FEDEX for a 17% shipping charge to your home.
- Delivered: The nursery truck will deliver seedlings on a specific date in April to your County Extension Office or Conservation District Office. Some counties do not have this option.