The Business Management Bureau oversees the financial, administrative and facility management operations of the Forestry Division.
- Budget and Legislation Development, working with other Forestry Division bureaus, the Governor’s office, and the DNRC Director’s office.
- Federal Grant and DNRC Contract Accounting and Management, ensuring grant and contract requirements are met.
- Fire Finance Accounting, working with federal agencies and other cooperators to ensure fire costs are reasonable and paid by the appropriate agency.
- Hazard Reduction Agreement (HRA) Accounting, including correctly allocating monies to bond accounts and processing refunds when slash clearance is satisfactory.
- Financial Reporting required by DNRC, the Governor’s Office, the Montana State Legislature, and federal agencies.
- Administrative Assistance to the Montana State Forester and Forestry Division personnel, including reception, mail processing, copy editing, file management and any other needed administrative services.
- Human Resources Coordination and Support for Forestry Division supervisors hiring or managing personnel.
- Providing support for Missoula legal staff.
- Forestry Division Janitorial and Building Maintenance services for the Forestry Division complex in Missoula.
- Overseeing DNRC Building Management and Construction for Forestry Division field offices state-wide.
- Managing DNRC Building Projects state-wide, both new construction and remodeling, prioritizing projects for approval by both the Governor’s Office and the Montana State Legislature.
2705 Spurgin Road, Missoula, MT 59804
Phone: (406) 542-4300
Fax: (406) 542-4217